Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- 2 lbs Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 8 tbsps Unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 Bulb garlic, ¼ inch trimmed off top
- 1 Medium red onion, cut into match sticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ozs Feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
In a sauté pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter with ¼ cup olive oil. Place prepared brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl and coat with the melted butter and oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet with the head of garlic cut side up in the center of the pan. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until sprouts are browned and crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
While the sprouts are roasting, melt the remaining butter and olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the onions are richly browned, stirring periodically.
Remove pan from the oven and squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves, mixing with the sprouts. Top with caramelized onions, feta cheese, and toasted pine nuts and serve warm. Serve with 1850 Wine Cellars Meritage.
We think you should
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Exclusive Promos, New Wine Releases, Great Adventures in California Content, and More!