Visit Our Tasting Room
Drawing primarily from vineyards located in Fair Play, Amador, and other Sierra Foothills AVAs, 1850’s wines draw inspiration from early California wine pioneers whose spirit is embodied in wines like Cabernet, Zinfandel, Barbera and other heritage varietals. We offer a variety of white, rosé and red wines through our tasting room and wine club.
3 Randolph St.
Sutter Creek, CA 95685
Open Hours & Reservations
Open 7 days per week, 11 am to 5 pm
Excluding major holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas
Check our Events Page, which includes events that take place outside of our normal business hours.
Reservations are now available online through Cellar Pass, so you can better plan your visit. We request that reservations are made in advance for groups of 8 or more. We currently offer reservations for:
- Wine Tasting at $5 per person featuring a flight of seven current release wines
- Wine Tasting with Cheese & Charcuterie at $15 per person featuring a flight of seven current release wines paired with a selection of cheese, charcuterie, and a selection of crackers, bread, nuts and olives.
The town of Sutter Creek, established in 1854, is considered the jewel of the Mother Lode and is steeped in California Gold Rush history. It is also the perfect hub from which to explore the Sierra Foothill Wine regions.
Tasting Room Experience
Our tasting room in downtown Sutter Creek offers a quaint wine tasting experience including:
- A seasonally-inspired small bites menu featuring cheese plates, flat bread pizzas, baked brie, and additional items to pair with our wines.
- Tasting flights that change monthly, seasonal tasting flights, wine by the glass, and more. Our current release tasting is $5 per flight, with one tasting fee waived for each bottle purchased and for club members.
- Comfortable outdoor patio seating.
- Friendly staff and an intimate environment.
- Monthly events: check our website or Facebook page for our upcoming event schedule.
Seasonal Food Menu
Menu is subject to change, but you can contact us to confirm offerings before your visit.
Cheese & Charcuterie Boards - $15
Choose three items from our rotating list of cheeses & charcuterie, and we'll plate your cheese board to order accompanied with our selection of crackers, baguette, nuts pickles, olives or spreads.
Seasonal Flatbreads - $9
- Fig, Grilled Onion, Goat Cheese & Balsamic Glaze
- Spinach, Pesto, Feta, Mozzarella & Parmesan
- Cranberry Sauce, Brie & Pecans
Small Bites - $7
- Artichoke, Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip
- Hummus, Roasted Olives & Crudité
- Baked Brie with Seasonal Toppings