Visit Our Tasting Room
We are so excited to reopen for daily tasting room visits starting Friday, June 12th. Currently, all visits require a reservation through Cellar Pass, which just takes a minute. Curbide pick up reservations are also available every day. Please see below for updated operating procedures.
Reservations through Cellar Pass
Reservations are now available online through Cellar Pass, so you can better plan your visit and help us follow reopening protocols. We currently offer reservations for:
- Wine flights featuring five current release wines, wine by the glass, house made sangria, or wine by the bottle..
- Groups of up to six people.
- Curbside wine and food pick up.
3 Randolph Street
Sutter Creek, CA 95685
Open 7 days per week, 11 am to 5 pm.
Closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Check our Events Page, which includes events that take place outside of our normal business hours.
The town of Sutter Creek, established in 1854, is considered the jewel of the Mother Lode and is steeped in California Gold Rush history. It is also the perfect hub from which to explore the Sierra Foothill Wine regions.
Tasting Room Experience
Our tasting room in downtown Sutter Creek offers a quaint wine experience including:
- Wine flights, wine by the glass, and bottle. Our current release flight is $5, with one fee waived for each bottle purchased, and for Cellar Society members.
- A seasonally-inspired small bites menu featuring cheese plates, flat bread pizzas, sandwiches, baked brie, and additional items to pair with our wines. See menu below.
- Comfortable outdoor patio seating.
- Friendly staff and an intimate environment.
Seasonal Food Menu
Menu is subject to changes, including weekly specials.
Cheese & Charcuterie Boards - $20
Choose four items from our rotating list of cheeses & charcuterie, and we'll plate your cheese board to order, accompanied with our selection of baguette, nuts pickles, olives or spreads.
Seasonal Flatbreads with Green Salad - $12
- Fig, Grilled Onion, Goat Cheese & Balsamic Glaze
- Spinach, Pesto, Feta, Mozzarella & Parmesan
Sandwiches with Green Salad - $12
- Three Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Summer Caprese Sliders
Small Bites - $7
- Artichoke, Jalapeño & Parmesan Dip with toasted bread
- Hummus, Roasted Olives, Crudité & Naan
- Baked Brie with your choice of topping, toasted bread & apples
Non Alcoholic Beverages - $2
Drawing primarily from vineyards located in Fair Play, Amador, and other Sierra Foothills AVAs, 1850’s wines draw inspiration from early California wine pioneers whose spirit is embodied in wines like Cabernet, Zinfandel, Barbera and other heritage varietals. We offer a variety of sustainably produced white, rosé and red wines through our tasting room and wine club.
Please be advised we have implemented procedures to help ensure the safety of our guests and staff, as advised by local and state agencies. These include measures for social distancing, sanitization, and transparency of our practices.
Please be prepared to wear a mask during your visit, when not seated at your table, and to abstain from visiting if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19. To help us operate safely, all visits to our tasting room are currently by appointment.